Serves 12 as a Tapa
(Modified from The Spanish Table cookbook)
1 loaf of ready-made dough (or gluten free focacia dough)
2 T olive oil
1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
2 jars (16 oz) of roasted red peppers in oil ? half-inch slices
5 T cane juice sugar
2 T sherry vinegar
2 T water
? t sea salt
Confectioners sugar for dusting
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add onion.
- Cook until soft, do not brown ? 5 minutes
- Drain peppers,?add and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add sugar, vinegar, water and stir until sugar dissolves
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until liquid is reduced, stirring occassionally (about 10 minutes)
- Season with salt and let cool
- Preheat oven to 450?
- Put dough on oiled cookie sheet, brush with olive oil and top with pepper mixture
- Bake on center rack about 20 minutes, let cool, cut into small pieces and lightly dust with confectioners sugar
Serve while warm with a delicious?bottle of Raptor Ridge 2013 Tempranillo.