(Portland, OR) — Accanto,the hip and stylish neighborhood Italian restaurant in Southeast Portland, is all about fresh, seasonal Italian food, wine and cocktails. Simple yet sophisticated, with the warmth and welcome of a true neighborhood corner café, now Accanto has announced their new Executive Chef, Chris Frazier. Frazier’s diverse and distinguished background is bringing a new level of creativity to the kitchen, where his authentic, approachable, and grounded style shines.
Over the last decade, Frazier has been a lead member of several of the most celebrated Italian kitchens in both New York and San Francisco, including 3 years as Chef de Cuisine at DellAnima and L’Artusi in New York, and a similar turn opening Locanda in San Francisco. Rounding out his background are turns at Del Posto (one Michelin Star), Bouchon Bakery, managing the hearth at Saison (two Michelin Stars), and a stint as Chef De Partie of Momofuku Ko (two Michelin Stars). He returned to his hometown and took the helm at Accanto in May 2016, reimagining the entire menu and infusing the restaurant with fresh energy and perspective. In his free time, Frazier enjoys taking things apart and putting them back together, especially old scooters.
Accanto’s new menu demonstrates Frazier’s extensive knowledge of classic Italian cooking techniques, from perfectly simple Roman-style pastas to house-made charcuterie, and exceptional entrées that showcase the best ingredients of the season. Highlights from Chef Chris’ menu at Accanto include:
• CRUDO di CAPESANTE – Scallop carpaccio, crème frâiche, lovage and cured egg yolk
• ROASTED BEETS – House made ricotta, radicchio, rhubarb, cocoa nibs, bee pollen, licorice and saba
• PEACHES – Seared with chorizo, basil
• BUCATINI alla’MATRICIANA – House guanciale, rosemary and pecorino
• CAVATELLI con PECORA – Braised lamb neck and rib, mint, ricotta and english peas
• CAPELLINI con ARAGOSTA PICCANTE – Lobster knuckle and claw, garlic, anchovy, calabrian chili, dandelion greens, shaved lobster roe, bread crumb
• POLLO al DIAVOLO – Roasted summer squash, arugula and honey agrodolce
• GRASS FED OREGON BISON – Top sirloin steak with seared cherries, slow roasted cipollinis and shallots, smoked gorgonzola
Accanto is open for dinner daily (Sunday-Thursday 5:30-9:30pm and Friday-Saturday 5:30-10:30pm) and open for Brunch on Saturday and Sunday from 10am-2pm.